If you are considering massage therapy due to a doctor’s recommendation or because you’ve been experiencing muscular or chronic pain we can help you achieve relief with a professionally trained registered massage therapist. Our registered massage therapist hold the highest professional standards of quality care for our clients.
We now have registered massage therapists (RMT) available Tuesday to Saturday. Check your insurance for coverage and book an appointment with a RMT today.
What do Registered Massage Therapists Do
A registered massage therapist (RMT) will work on the manipulation of connective tissues, joints, ligaments, soft tissues and tendons.
When you see your registered massage therapist it’s important to communicate with them regarding what is working for you in terms of pressure and problem areas. Every RMT has a different idea of what “intense pressure” is and every patient has a varying pain tolerance.
Developing a relationship and having open communication before treatment and during helps with the success of your appointments, especially if you are visiting the same therapist frequently.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Registered Massage Therapists (RMT) can help relieve:
- Discomfort as a result of either chronic pain
- Pain from injury, accidents and trauma
- Stress relief from muscular over-use
- Back pain
- Work related stresses
- Headaches and migraines
- Post injury and surgical rehabilitation
- And other conditions
How to get the most out of your massage therapy session
- Know your goals. Decide what you want out of your session.
- Learn about the modalities. Do you want a relaxing massage, a deep tissue …
- Determine what you preferences are in terms of commuting to get to your RMT, the environment in which the therapy will take place (candles and scents or medical office)
- Do your homework. Find out about your RMT’s license, favourite modality, years of practice and read their reviews.
- Give it a try. The only way you’re going to know after the first four steps is to give it a try and do a short session of 30 minutes and then extend it.
We now have registered massage therapist (RMT) available Tuesday to Saturday. Check your insurance for coverage and book an appointment with a RMT today.